Monday, November 9, 2015

Let's Talk: The 5th Wave


Title: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
Date Started: October 28, 2015
Date Finished: November 2, 2015
Rating: 5/5 Stars

*semi spoiler-free review*

Since this is my first real book review for this blog and it's nearing the time where I will pass out until the morning, this is not going to be the longest of book talks. It probably won't be the best of talks, either, but (hopefully) it's going to be interesting.

This book tore my heart to shreds, first off. The characters were very relatable (yes, even in a dystopian novel), and I felt a real connection to them.

Onto more technical aspects (more on emotional stuff later), this book was interesting in formatting. Every section we would have a different point of view, sometimes from a nameless character. The first obviously being Cassie, the main protagonist, and then moving onto a couple others. And there were some times where I was genuinely shocked putting together two-and-two with these character POVs.

This book gave me all the feels. A couple months ago I coined the term "feels and shit" that I started saying when I described books to my friends, and they caught on and started using it too. This book gave me a ton of feels and shit.
Everything with Cassie's internal struggle to Evan and that drama, plus everything all of the kids have to go through in the death camp prison place was breaking my heart throughout the whole book. The feels and shit was definitely happening.

For all of you wondering whether or not to read this book, the answer is YES! This book is amazing! It's a little slower, but there is plenty of action, and consists of a lot of monologues and soliloquies. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read the next novel as well as see the movie when it comes out January 15, 2016.

Thanks for reading. I'll catch you next time! xoxo -Lauren 




No comments:

Post a Comment