Monday, November 9, 2015

October 2015 Wrap-Up

Let's be honest, I've had better reading months. I've had WAY better reading months, but I love what I read even if there are few books.
I read 3, technically 4, books in October. I know, I know. Here comes the shame...
I GET IT! I DID TERRIBLE! I KNOW OKAY!

But in all honesty, I was very busy in the month of October, and while I didn't read a lot of books, the ones I did read are real gems.
Let's just jump right into this...

I didn't mean like that *facepalm*
I meant like this:
I actually love Mary Poppins so....

The first book I read this month was...drumroll please
(thank you)


Slayers by C.J Hill
Published: September 27, 2011
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Holy shit this gave me all the feels and shit. I love love love love love this book so much and do you know how thrilled I was when I found out there was a sequel and a possible sequel to the sequel?! Because it resembles something like this:
It was actually exactly that. That is me. 

The second book I read this month was...


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins
Published: December 2, 2010
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

This book gave me feels and shit, too. Now, I was kind of expecting Etienne to be different based on what everybody has said about him in reviews and tags and stuff, but he was still AMAZING!

The third book I read this month was...


Defy by Sara B. Larson
Published: January 7, 2014
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Holy shit I was actually bawling in this book. Like flat out ugly crying, not cute crying. UGLY CRYING! 
I shit you not this was me ^^^^^^^^ the last forty pages of this fucking book that made me get tear-stains on my homework I was procrastinating over. 

Ugh.

The fourth book that I read this month (but actually finished on November 1) was...

...this little fucker
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Published: May 7, 2013
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Oh don't even get me started on this little thing. I was legit sobbing, like harder than the previous book in this wrap-up. Ugly ugly ugly crying...
I wrote a book talk on this where I didn't share my crying experience. It's under my book talks tab if you want to read that crash-and-burn...

Thanks for reading about my small October Wrap-Up! It's November 9th and I've already read more books than I did in October so....

See you guys next time! xoxo -Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment