Saturday, January 30, 2016

Let's Talk: Frozen Tides

Title: Frozen Tides
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Series: "Falling Kingdoms" #4
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publication Date: December 15, 2015
Date Started: January 24, 2016
Date Finished: January 30, 2016
Rating: 5/5 Stars

*Semi-spoiler free review*

Let's just jump straight into the four characters from my last post about this series, starting with Lucia.

LUCIA: So at the beginning I was 'meh' about Lucia. I really really disliked Lucia's actions. I thought she was being a whiny brat for most of the series and I didn't like her most recent decisions. But towards the end, I started sympathizing with her and I even started liking her more. This character just fluctuates so much with me because she makes terrible decisions and is a complete bitch but then turns around and does something good that makes me like her again.

JONAS: MY POOR BABY! Oh he lost someone again. And I feel so bad for him. I love Jonas to death so this is killing me. A lot. Honestly, so much happens to Jonas in this novel that it's hard to remember EVERYTHING. Of course, one major thing (you know what I mean) stands out. And my heart breaks for him.

MAGNUS: Magnus Magnus Magnus Magnus. I didn't really like Magnus very much in the first book because he was written more as a villain and angsty young adult, but he's been getting a lot better since then. And this book takes the cake! I love Magnus now! He's so flawed and perfect (that's a thing). What he did at the end of this book was just so on point.

CLEO: I love Cleo, as always. She's so strong with everything that happens around her. And what I really love is that she's got her pride, but sometimes knows when to let it go, which is something I can't do. I admire Cleo a lot. I want to be Cleo (if the whole war and stuff wasn't happening).

Now for other talk things. WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT ENDING?!?!?!?! I am not over it at all! I won't be over it! Why is it when I'm marathoning the series, the first 3 books don't have cliffhangers but the last book until the next one releases has a major cliffhanger? Why?! Ugh.

Okay, I lost a really good character in this book, and I don't know how I feel about that. I wouldn't say they were necessarily my favorite character, but I still really like them. And because their death caused others pain, that just makes it hurt more.

There were a lot of twists and surprises in this novel for me. Things I didn't expect to happen (like a certain alliance) or didn't like (like a certain marriage) happened. I'm not sure how things are going to play out in the next book, but a certain character came back at the end of this novel and I hope this turns the tide of the war to my favorites characters' side.

I really hope that something with King Gaius that happened at the end actually finishes through (you know what I mean). I NEED it to happen. I hate that guy.

There's not much I can say without spoiling and what I do say has to be vague to avoid spoiling as well. But I did really enjoy this book. These novels keep getting better and better with each one, and this series is slowly climbing up to be one of my favorites. I gave this 5/5 stars just like the other books, but I think the series all together is approaching an Infinity rating. We'll see how the next book (Crystal Storm) goes.

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment