Saturday, January 23, 2016

Let's Talk: Hide and Seek Her

Title: Hide and Seek Her
Author: H.B. Stumbo
Series: "Hide and Seek Her" series
Publication Date: June 19, 2015
Date Started: January 20, 2015
Date Finished: January 23, 2015
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: This novel was sent to me by the author for review. This is no way impacts my review.

*semi-spoiler free*

Let me first start out by saying that it took me a while to fully immerse myself in this book. I started it months ago and was only able to get 12 or so pages in because it hadn't picked up like other books I was reading at the time. But I put it on this month's TBR and KNEW I had to finish it this month.

I was only able to read a couple of pages a day until tonight, and then I fled through it. The entire thing I finished in just under 2.5 hours. It was fantastic, it was heart wrenching, and it was not what I expected but everything I needed.

The characters were amazing, and the backstory for them all was so intricately woven that I was in pieces by the end of this book. Of course I had small problems with it, but nothing that impeded my enjoyment while I was reading.

One thing that took it from a 5 star to a 4.5 star was it took a few chapters to pick up. And when I say this I mean it took a few chapters before Vance was introduced. And man, that was when I was sucked in. The next thing was that I thought it had a little bit of insta-love, which was actually justified in the end when we found out a lot of earth-shattering details!

This book was creepy but fluffy and I loved it. It's not my favorite book of all time, but it definitely ranks up there with the books I reread once or twice a year. I am excited to continue on with the next book in the series (duology?). Hopefully this will be soon but I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up.

I recommend this book wholeheartedly. It's not the typical fantasy YA books I read, but I loved it. I rarely read books of this genre, so it is very fresh--to put it mildly--for me.

Definitely deserves the rating it got, and for my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads, a 4.5 star rounds up to a 5.

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment