Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Let's Talk: Outlander

Title: Outlander
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Series: "Outlander" Book 1
Publication Date: 20th Collector's Edition: July 5, 2011. First publication: June 1, 1991
Date Started: January 16, 2016
Date Finished: January 19, 2016
Rating: Infinity

*semi-spoiler free review*

Let me start out by saying that I have seen (and loved) the TV show. It was one of my top shows of all time, and the book was SO MUCH BETTER!!! I thought that the producers and writers did a really good job with the adaption, and the casting was spot on I think (probably because I watched it before I read it).
Honestly, I thought I loved TV show Jamie, but I love book Jamie so much better! He is more kind and funny and the fluffy feels I got from him were so fluffy! It's been said before, but I want a Jamie Fraser in my life. *sigh*

I am excited to continue both with the book series and the TV show. The writing was superb in this novel, and I blew threw it in 4 days. I stayed up until 11:30 most nights to read, because I didn't want to put it down.

Honestly, I loved the characters to death because they acted like they should. Sometimes when I've read historical fiction the characters have not been written as if they are really in that time period, because a 16 year old girl would not be able to storm a King's counsel meeting and then have him not get mad at her. That's not how those people acted in those times. But in this book, the characters were so believable!

So much happens in the book as well. The whole book is in the timespan of a year, which a lot of books are, but this one has all the nitty gritty details of that year--both good and bad. It definitely showed a lot of the hardships Claire went through when she went back in time to Scotland (spoiler: that's what this whole book is about).

There's really not much I can talk about besides I loved this book to death. I seriously need a few feels so I'm gonna go watch an episode of the show. Everybody, go read it!

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment