Saturday, January 9, 2016

Let's Talk: Rebel Spring


Title: Rebel Spring
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Series: "Falling Kingdoms" #2
Publication Date: December 3, 2013
Date Started: January 7, 2016
Date Finished: January 9, 2016
Rating: 5/5 Stars

*semi-spoiler free review*

Well shit. This book was fantastic. I know this should probably sound like a professional review and not use cuss words or a lot of personal opinions, but that's basically how I operate.
This book was SO much better than the first, and I loved the first! There were many many more feels and deaths in this one. Things I thought weren't going to happen, happened. Things I thought that were for sure going to happen, didn't happen.
I did have moments of triumph reading certain scenes, but more often than not I was shocked senseless. 
Morgan Rhodes, you have done it again.

Some thoughts on characters (the POVs: Cleo, Jonas, Magnus, & Lucia)...

Lucia: My least favorite of the four. I didn't like her very much in the first book, especially after she did that thing with the thing (you know what I mean). Her development in this book was...interesting to say the least. I'm not too sure if I love her or dislike her yet...but there is that thin line between love and hate.

Magnus: I liked Magnus in the first book, then hated him but loved him at the same time. In this book I started liking him a little bit more, and I really really hope that this character development we saw in this one circles around again. 

Jonas: What can I say about Jonas that I haven't already screamed to the heavens? I love Jonas. I ship him and Cleo together so hard, especially after this book. He made some risky decisions in this one and they didn't already pay off. I do love his character arc, that is continuing to arc. It's going to end up a band and not an arc.

Cleo: She is my favorite. I've loved her since book 1, probably because she was the first POV I read. Also, she's not perfect, nor is what happens to her perfect. I love that. I am very excited to see how things turn out for Cleo. And I hope she gets with the person I want her to get with. Fingers crossed.

There's not much I can say about this book without both spoiling the first book and giving away some big details in this one. All I can say, though, is that I am diving right into the next book the moment I post this.

The writing was fantastic. Plot twists and betrayals and mind-blowing stuff happened at every turn, and everything set itself up so nicely for the ending/next book. I love how beautifully done some certain scenes were done (even if I hate that they were done). 

I really enjoyed this book and am very excited to continue on with the series. Up next Gathering Darkness

~

Thanks for reading. What are your thoughts on the Falling Kingdoms series?
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment