Thursday, February 25, 2016

Let's Talk: Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star

Title: Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star
Author: Brandon Mull
Series: "Fablehaven" #2
Genre: Middle-Grade Fantasy
Page Length: 441 pages
Publication Date: June 1, 2007
Date Started: February 23, 2016
Date Finished: February 23, 2016
Rating: 5/5 stars

*Semi-spoiler free*

Like the first book, this book was a fantastic reread for me. I forgot how much I missed Warren! AH! He's perfection...

The sarcasm and the fun times got even more epic in this installment. Kendra was on point, and Seth was on point--he had his big superhero moment!

A lot was discovered in this novel that is going to set up the rest of the series. I'm very excited to read the next book (which I'm already on).

There's not much more I can say without spoiling the first book, so let's just leave it at this was a great installment and even better than the first. Kendra and Seth have grown as characters yet still maintain some of the flaws they had in the first book. Other new characters play their parts well and I'm glad that they have transferred over into this book.

Mull has a way with action and words that make it seem so simple, when it's really a complicated scene. Ah, so good!

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment