Monday, February 22, 2016

Let's Talk: Fablehaven

Title: Fablehaven
Author: Brandon Mull
Series: "Fablehaven" #1
Genre: Middle-Grade Fantasy
Page Length: 351
Publication Date: July 1, 2006
Date Started: February 21, 2016
Date Finished: February 22, 2016
Rating: 5/5 stars

*Semi-spoiler free*

This was a reread for me, but I had previously read it in times where I did not write book reviews, so now it's time for one of those good ol' things.

Honestly, I loved this book the 3rd (5th?) time around. Part of the reason being I was full of nostalgic feels from when I was young. Really young. Fifth grade young. I was maybe 9 when the author came to my school and I found out about this series. But when I read it I was enthralled.

This book is so full of adventure and magic and just an all around good time. It's a quick read and it's definitely worth it.

I noticed some people left low-star reviews on this book, and I can see where they're coming from. But some of the things they complain about, like a naked grandmother, is a little unfounded. Sure, it's a middle grade novel, but it's unrealistic that someone who was turned into a chicken would be turned back into a human with clothes on. That's not how that works. In a story of mystical creatures and magic, a little realism is needed.

I did really enjoy this book again. I am excited to continue on with rereading the rest of the series in preparation for the sequel series coming out in Ocotober! #superexcited

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment