Friday, March 25, 2016

Let's Talk: Awake at Dawn

Title: Awake at Dawn
Author: C.C. Hunter
Series: "Shadow Falls" #2
Genre: YA Paranormal
Page Length: 383 pages
Publication Date: October 11, 2011
Date Started: March 21, 2016
Date Finished: March 23, 2016
Rating: 5/5 stars

*Semi-spoiler free review*

I adored this book. It was so good!

For starters, there was quite a bit of character development in this installment. I saw so many characters at the end that were quite different than the beginning of the first book. It was very interesting and fun to see how Kylie has progressed since the beginning of the first novel.

Of course, we still don't know what she is...

Derek is driving me insane! He's being such a dick! Ugh, maybe I want her to be with Lucas now. Lucas is still there for her and he almost died for her, but where was Derek? Ignoring her. I'm not sure how I feel about him right now.

The action has been amped up. And the feels, too. This book left off at a bit of a cliffhanger--not the biggest, but still a little bit--and I really want to jump right into the next book. I'm actually about to go buy it...

Honestly there's not much I can say right now other than this book was fantastic! 

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment