Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Let's Talk: Lady Midnight

Title: Lady Midnight
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: "The Dark Artifices" #1
Genre: YA Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Page Length: 720 pages
Publication Date: March 8, 2016
Date Started: March 6, 2016
Date Finished: March 8, 2016
Rating: Infinity

*Semi-spoiler free. If there are spoilers it will be at the end with a #/Spoiler in front of it*

The feels, man!

I adored this book! It was never too slow for me and everything just kept clicking into place at the end. I was in love every step of the way. Even though it was 700 pages, I still was wanting more! I got to the last 20 pages and started tearing up because I didn't want it to be over. I never thought it was going to slow or was dragging, it was just perfectly written.

Cassandra Clare was always an excellent writer but with this book she has shot straight to my Top 5. I honestly adored this installment in the Shadowhunter Chronicles.

We already knew about the shadowhunter world and the hierarchy in it which meant we were able to jump straight into the story and building the characters. I loved all of the characters, even the evil ones, and that just goes to show how a good character building can do anything.

Let's talk characters!!! I knew I was going to enjoy getting more into Emma and Julian just from what I read of them in CoHF, and I was NOT disappointed in this book. It was so much more than I could have dreamed between them! Their relationship was honestly amazing, and neither could stay angry at the other for a while. It was honestly just fantastic, and it makes me wish I had a parabatai, male or female.

I was so broken at the end, when Emma did you-know-what to you-know-who (not Voldemort). I'd been waiting all book for something to happen and then it happened and then it un-happened. So depressing.

But I love this feeling of utter heartbreak because that means it was a good book and made me feel for the characters and the story. I had recently gone to a self-published author's meeting with my school's book fair, and one of the aspects of a good story-she said-was characters so believable you'd swear they were real. And I swear the characters in this book are real.

I was hesitant when this book was first announced, but then I finished CoHF and I was more open to it, and my excitement had just been growing and growing the past few months. And my expectations were far succeeded.

Bow down to Cassandra Clare, a new addition to my Court of Queens (aka favorite female authors).

INFINITY STARS FOREVER

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment