Sunday, April 17, 2016

Let's Talk: Chosen at Nightfall


Title: Chosen at Nightfall
Author: C.C. Hunter
Series: "Shadowfalls" #5
Genre: YA Paranormal
Page Length: 399 pages
Publication Date: April 23, 2013
Date Started: April 16, 2016
Date Finished: April 16, 2016
Rating: Infinity

*Semi-spoiler free review*

This was such a perfect ending to a great series. Major sh*t went down, and it was flipping fantastic! I did have some small qualms with this book, but in the end the good outweighed the bad and I was blown away.

For starters, Kylie ended up with the person I wanted her to be with. Ironically, when I first started reading this series, I shipped her with a different character. Secondly, everything just happened so perfectly.

One thing that I hated (but also loved) was that everyone was talking about how sad Lucas was and how hard he was taking things. They were telling Kylie to just forgive him already and forget about it because HE was miserable. No offense to Lucas, because I'm sure he was miserable, but she should not forgive him that easily. People were guilt-tripping her, even her own best friends, into trying to forgive Lucas. And it annoyed the crap out of me because it was pinning a lot of blame on her. He was the one in the wrong, not her. She even started to feel guilty because of what everyone was telling her. It made me so mad, but it also made me love the story even more!

I did think there were some things that happened to easily compared to all of the stress and talk about the upcoming events, but at the same time I really enjoyed how things happened. I feel so conflicted on that regard.

I can't really say much else without spoiling the series (as this is the last book), but I'm very excited to jump into the spin-off series told from Della's perspective. I love Della's character and I can't wait to see more of my favorites and of Shadow Falls.

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment