Friday, June 24, 2016

Let's Talk: Hell on Wheels

Title: Hell on Wheels
Author: Julie Ann Walker
Series: "Black Knights Inc." #1
Genre: Adult Romance-Thriller
Page Length: 349 pages
Publication Date: August 1, 2012
Date Started: June 5, 2016
Date Finished: June 7, 2016
Rating: 4/5 stars

*Semi-spoiler free review*

Holy shikes, this book was steamy. I really enjoyed this book, and it was very different from what I expected when I went in.

First off we have the two main characters, Ali and Nate. Ali is the younger sister of Nate's best friend, Grigg, who has just recently died. They've known each other for years, but never quite gotten along due to Nate's cold behavior. But when Grigg died, he left something behind and now Ali is the target of some unknown person. So, she does the only thing she can think of and takes shelter with Nate at his elite covert-ops headquarters, even if he doesn't necessarily want her there.

This whole book was frustrating and oh-so-good. Frustrating because I just wanted Ali and Nate to finally admit their feelings for each other and get together already. It was oh-so-good for a number of reasons. The characters were funny and each had a backstory. I loved Ozzie-he was so flipping hilarious.

There was action, too. It was well-planned most of the time and I liked where it fell in the timeline. And there were a lot of feels. I ugly cried in this book, and it was bad. Lots of tears, lots of snot, and I had to stop reading because I couldn't see the pages.

However, despite how good it was I had just a couple small quirks. First, it was a little slow at times. I get that we had to set a lot of things up, but it was still slow at certain small parts. I also felt like the ending was too easy. I feel for a book where so much was set up, the ending came quickly and easily.

Apart from those two things, I really enjoyed this book and will definitely be continuing on with this series.

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment