Thursday, August 4, 2016

Let's Talk: Walk the Edge

Title: Walk the Edge
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Thunder Road #2
Genre: YA Romance/Biker?
Page Length: 426 pages
Publication Date: March 29, 2016
Date Started: July 19, 2016
Date Finished: July 20, 2016
Rating: 5/5 stars

*Semi-spoiler free review*

I can't decide if I like this book or the first book better. This one was set in a school (and I LOVE books set in schools) and had blackmail aspects, but the first one had mystery and I hate-turned-love romance. Also, the ending of this book, while still satisfying me, was not the one I really wanted.

I loved Breanna. She was amazing at so many things, yet sucked at other ones. She wasn't perfect, but she was amazing. I felt for her during the whole book. Her family kind of sucked, she was a whiz-kid in some subjects but sucked in others. She had a fantastic memory and a great personality. I honestly loved her.

Razor was shown from such a different side in this book. In the first book we met him but didn't really get to know him. He's a member of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club with Oz. This book was such an insight into his tough-on-the-outside character. He's had a shitty past, and there's a bunch of mystery surrounding it.

Breanna and Razor team up to do 2 things. Number 1 is to stop whoever is blackmailing Breanna. Number 2 is figure out a mystery in Razor's past that is coming back around into the light. All the while keeping both things a secret from the motorcycle club. Chaos ensues.

This book had me laughing, it had me on the edge of my seat, and it had me wanting more. I can't wait for the next book (it's Chevy and Violet's story!). It comes out in January (sad face), but that's better than March like this one came out in.

Bottom line, it wasn't perfect, but it was damn close.

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment