Saturday, October 1, 2016

September 2016 Book Haul


Wowza, I acquired 14(!) books in the month of September. How? I have no idea. Back at the beginning of August I made myself a budget through November and 5 of these books were NOT included in my budget. And yet, I still bought them and I ended up justifying it by cutting back on other parts of my budget. Whoopsie. 

Alright, let's just dive on into all these goodies...

Of course I picked up my most anticipated release of the year, Empire of Storms by my queen-Mrs Sarah J. Maas...

 I got the regular edition just so I could have it on release day and read it immediately...

The Target edition for the bonus content AND poster

The Barnes & Noble edition through a virtual signing for the bonus content AND fan art end pages


And the UK edition through Waterstones for signed edition because I also collect the UK editions. I now have 3 signed books from my queen.

And since the Throne of Glass Coloring Book was coming out, I picked up 2 of them. One I got a few days before it's actual release which was so exciting, and the other from Amazon on the release day. One of them is for coloring and one is for keeping perfect and clean.

Then I had preordered a two books through Books of Wonder. Firstly, I got The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee. This one is signed & personalized. It also came with some awesome metallic temporary tattoos.

I also picked up A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. This one is also signed. I haven't even read An Ember in the Ashes yet. 

Then here comes my impulse buys. I placed an Amazon order for my dad's birthday and had to include some books for myself. First, I picked up Hide and Seek Her by H.B. Stumbo. She recently re-released this book and I just had to get the new edition. My series matches now :)

I then grabbed Every Pane of Glass so that I could have every book by H.B. Stumbo in print. It's gorgeous (plus, I'm in the acknowledgements section <3 Honestly so honored you don't even know)

Lastly I grabbed Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I had tried reading this before but decided that I couldn't get into it and returned it to the library. However, looking back I realized that if I had continued reading I probably would have loved it. So I bought it.

Then I picked up Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. The movie just recently came out and I really want to see it, but I want to read the book first. So I ordered this from Amazon, and they sent it to the wrong carrier facility so it was four days late. At least I have it now, though. 

Then I preordered another book through Books of Wonder that came in the mail yesterday. It is Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalo. It came signed and personalized, and Kerri also added a quote in the personalization. I love when authors do that! It also came with a temporary tattoo that I will cherish and never wear. I'm so excited for this novel. It has been on my radar since BEA/BookCon and I couldn't get my hands on an arc. It sounds so cool and interesting. 

Lastly, I was at Target shopping and saw Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I hadn't planned on picking it up for a while yet, but with all the hype around this new release, I just had to grab it. It even came with a poster on the inside dust jacket. I do have to reread Six of Crows first.

I also picked up the "Rowan" lip balm and "Rhysand" limited edition lip balm from BehindthePages on Etsy. I wish I could cuddle up in the smell of Rhys forever. It smells way too good.

There are also some amazing new releases coming up in October, which I have preordered already. I'm so excited for this upcoming month and I hope to read a lot of the books I have bought in the past couple months.

Also, my review for Empire of Storms is still in the works and it will be uploaded when I finish it :)

~

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment