Sunday, November 4, 2018

October 2018 Book Haul!


Hello everyone! I'm back with another monthly book haul, and this one was pretty big, but not as big as the previous months. There were a lot of exciting releases that came out this month, which is why I got so many, but in upcoming months, my hauls will definitely be trickling down to only a few. Anyway, I got 13 physical books and 4 ebooks this month. Let's go ahead and jump straight in!



The first book I got this month was The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book since it was released and especially with the release of the second book this month. I found it for really cheap on Amazon Marketplace and I can't wait to read it! 

The second book I got this month was Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. This is the beautiful 1st edition UK hardcover that came with orange sprayed edges and I'm in love. It's so pretty and the books next to each other are so aesthetic. I'm super excited to start reading the first book soon!

After that, I got a copy of What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. When I got an Amazon gift card all the way back during the summer, I knew I wanted to preorder this book. I love Becky's books and I've been wanting to read one by Adam for a while, so I'm very excited to read this one hopefully soon!

Next, I picked up the Collector's Edition of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I know this book is going to wreck me, but I feel like with the current issues in America, this book is definitely one that I should read. Especially with the movie coming out, I knew I wanted to read the book before watching that.

After that, I made a trade for an arc of Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy which comes out in March. I saw this on someone's Instagram story and I knew I had to have it when I heard the synopsis. It's a gender bent, modern-day King Arthur retelling set in space. It sounds so badass and I can't wait.

The next two books I got were in this month's Owlcrate. You can find my complete unboxing here, but the first book that was included was Pride by Ibi Zoboi. This is a modern-day Pride & Prejudice retelling set in Brooklyn. We got an exclusive cover, exclusive endpages, and the book came signed this month! The second book that Owlcrate included was a signed, exclusive edition of Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagwa. I haven't heard much about this book other than it's based on Japanese folklore and a lot of people have been raving about it. I'll definitely be giving it a try!

The next 5 books I got are all different editions of Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas. Each edition has something different about it and I'm obsessed with them all. The first edition I got was the Books-A-Million edition which came with fan art on the endpages. I love love love the fan art and I'm so happy to have this edition. Gabriela, the artist, really outdid herself on this art. The second edition I got was the Target edition which came with a collectible Aelin trading card. The third edition I got was the basic regular edition from Amazon which I'll be annotating and tabbing up, and potentially trying my hand at paining in the future. The fourth edition I got was the UK Waterstones paperback edition, which also came with fan art in it. It's the same fan art as the Books-A-Million edition but in the paperback, and I love it. The UK editions are gorgeous and I think I actually prefer the UK cover to the US. The last edition I got this month was the signed, tour edition from the Chicago tour stop. You can find my tour recap post here

The last book I got this month was from the Fairyloot October box, which you can find my unboxing for here. The book included this month was Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan. I've been excited about the release of this book for so long and I'm thrilled to have this edition. It's a signed copy with an exclusive cover and pink sprayed edges! I cannot wait to read it!



The first ebook that I picked up this month was Neutral by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington, which is a novella set between the 4th and 5th books in the Curse of the Gods series, which is one of my favorites. This follows two side characters that I've been loving since the beginning and I can't wait to read this in my binge of the series in November.

The second ebook I got was another novella called Meeting Sang: Silas by C.L. Stone. The author is releasing the first book in this series (which is another of my favorites) split up into the different boys' POVs. I cannot wait for the next one!

The third ebooks I got this month was Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I own almost all of her books in ebook format and this one was finally on sale enough for me to buy it! For me, it's just a comfort knowing that I'll always be able to have my favorite book series with me no matter where I travel, especially next year when I'm going to study abroad and am unable to bring books with me. 

The last ebooks I got this month was Secrets from the Grave by B.L. Brunnemer, the 6th book in the Veil Diaries series that released on Halloween. This is one of my favorite RH series and I'm super excited to see where the story takes us next! 



Well, that's it for my October book haul! Thanks for reading and can't wait to see you in November!
xoxo
Lauren



Follow my bookstagram here. New giveaway will be posted very soon!

I am a "BookishTextDesign" Influencer! Use my code LAUREN10 for a discount off your bookmark purchases! Check out the shop here

Get free worldwide shipping with Book Depository using my affiliate link



No comments:

Post a Comment