Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I Didn't Get to In 2018



Hello all, here we are with another Top 5 Wednesday, and the last Top 5 Wednesday of the year! And what a year it has been. I've read so many amazing books and I can only hope 2019 is as good of a reading year. That being said, I have a pretty big TBR and there were a lot of books I wanted to read by the end of 2018 that I just didn't get to. So, here are the top 5 books I didn't get to in 2018 but want to read in 2019!



At number five, we have A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir. The only reason I didn't read this when it came out was because I need to reread the first two books because I've forgotten A LOT of what has happened. I want my mind to be fresh for the awesomeness that I know this book is going to be. So I have to reread the first two books which means dedicating a lot of time away from other books I want to read, hence why I haven't read it yet! 

At number four, we have The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. So many people have raved about how good this book is and I've been wanting to read it for over a year now. This was another one I had planned to read in these last few months of 2018 but just wasn't able to squeeze in. Never fear, though, for I have plans to read it this spring! 

For number three, I chose The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Like with Reaper, I wanted to reread the Lux series since this is a spinoff of that series and it's been a while since I read those books. I've reread the first three and have two to go, so for this one it really is I'm just not able to read it yet. I am planning on finishing my reread by the end of January or February, though, and then reading this one immediately after.

At number two, I went with Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco. I loved the first book in this series and I can't believe that I haven't yet read this sequel or the third book that came out this year. I started reading this back before it released but I was just starting my semester as a college freshman and put it down one day to study or something and never picked it back up even though I was enjoying the story. Still, I plan on rereading the first book and getting through this one and the third very soon!

And, lastly, at number one, we have Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. So many of my trusted bibliophile friends adore this book and it's been sitting on my shelves since its release. I cannot believe I haven't read it yet but I'm hoping to very, very soon! It's coming back with me to college and, since I'm being selective with what I bring back, I'm hoping that will help motivate me to finally make time for this book! 

So, there you have it, five books I'm dying to read in 2019 because I wasn't able to get to them this year. There are countless other books I want to read in the coming year but these are definitely pretty high on the list!



Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Lauren



Follow my bookstagram here. New giveaway will be posted soon!

I am a "BookishTextDesign" Influencer! Use my code LAUREN10 for a discount off your bookmark purchases! Check out the shop here

Get free worldwide shipping with Book Depository using my affiliate link



No comments:

Post a Comment