Saturday, December 22, 2018

Unboxing: Fairyloot's "Dragons"

Hello everyone! When I saw this announcement from Fairyloot for a dragon-themed box I knew I had to have it! Also, with all the cool items they hinted at in this box, I was so excited when my subscription renewed and even more excited when I got the shipping notification. I ended up guessing the book beforehand and was spoiled on two other items. Then a publishing company that included one of the books posted a full unboxing on Instagram before I'd even received my box, so I was mostly spoiled. However, when I got the box I was still unawares at to everything in it, so there were still some surprised that I'm excited to show you all now! Additionally, there was a mixup with packing and I ended up not getting one of the items so that will be coming later in January, so I might update this post when I get that! But without further ado, here's the Fairyloot "Dragons" box!




So, the first item in this box was the spoiler card, obviously. It had this gorgeous artwork on it and it's honestly so beautiful. At the bottom of the box, we also got a bookmark with the same art and this month's Fairyscoop.

The next item I pulled out was this gorgeous glow-in-the-dark dragon necklace. It's so beautiful and I can't wait to test it out in the dark. My current WIP is about dragons, as well, and I'd love to wear this while I write it!

Then we got a pin banner. At first I was a bit confused as to what it was and then I figured it out. I'm not 100% if I'm going to use this for pins because I have a tin that I keep all my pins in and I know they won't all fit on the banner, but this is definitely an item I'd use before tea or whatnot.

I was really excited that they were including a dragon-themed reading journal this month. I am somewhat obsessed with planners and I can't wait to use this for my reading goals and whatnot. There's monthly overviews, places to list the books I read, weekly slots, and more! It's so beautiful and well made.

Then I pulled out the first two tarot-style cards in a continuing set inspired by A Court of Thorns and Roses, aka one of my favorite series. I was really excited when Fairyloot announced they were doing these and I can't wait to have a complete set, though I was thinking we'd get more than two in each box.

Then there was an advanced reader's copy of The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson. I'm super excited for this July 2019 release and I can't wait to dive into it sometime this spring. My friend and I were even gushing about it and wondering if this was going to be in the box.

There was this gorgeous Harry Potter themed booksleeve included as well. I love Fairyloot's booksleeves and they're the best quality sleeves in my entire collection. Plus, this design is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to use this one and add it to my collection.

Next was a double-sided art print. On one side we have art of Manon and Abraxos from Throne of Glass and on the other side we have Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. Both of these artworks are stunning and I can't wait wait to take pictures with them.

And, lastly, we have the book of the month: Fire and Heist by Sarah Beth Durst. I actually guessed the book back when the theme was announced but I'm pretty excited to have this in my hands. I always have better luck with Fairyloot books than other subscription boxes so I'm excited to read this one! There was also an art print of one of the characters with an author letter on the opposite side.

As I stated above, there was a packing mishap that caused many subscribers to not receive one of the items: a set of bookmarks inspired by Game of Thrones. I haven't seen what they look like yet but I'm excited to get them when Fairyloot goes off holiday.



Well, there you have it, my unboxing for Fairyloot's December 2018 box! This was one of my favorite boxes they've ever done full of items that I'll actually use. I'm excited to see what January will bring (and to add more tarot cards to the collection!).



Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Lauren



Follow my bookstagram here. New giveaway will be posted soon!

I am a "BookishTextDesign" Influencer! Use my code LAUREN10 for a discount off your bookmark purchases! Check out the shop here

Get free worldwide shipping with Book Depository using my affiliate link



No comments:

Post a Comment