Saturday, December 1, 2018

November 2018 Wrap-Up!


Another month gone, another wrap-up to write. This month was definitely an interesting reading month for me. I read some books I really loved and some books that disappointed me. Overall, though, I have a general feeling of "I could have done better" this month. I watched a lot of Netflix, I'm not going to lie, and I feel as though I'm still in a slumpy mood from finishing Kingdom of Ash. The only books that I've been able to get into have been cute contemporaries or romances whereas I've been struggling a bit with fantasy books that I tried to read and failed.

Overall, though, it was still a pretty successful month. I knocked some books off my TBR, discovered a new series to binge, and read a total of 9 books, which isn't too shabby even if I was hoping to get a 10th in. I also watched some Christmas movies, wrote about 15k words of my novel, and finished a new TV season. Let's go ahead and jump straight in!



BOOKS READ
1.
Title: White Stag
Author: Kara Barbieri
Rating: 2 // 5 stars
2.
Title: Drop of Doubt
Author: C.L. Stone
Rating: 4.5 // 5 stars
Rereading this was so fun. Honestly, that's all I can really say at this point. It's been so long since I first read these books and I've forgotten how much I missed them. I love these characters and this series, even if it breaks my heart at times. 

3. 
Title: Push and Shove
Author: C.L. Stone
Rating: 4.5 // 5 stars
What TBR? My only thought process and motivations right now are to reread this series...even though my TBR of unread books is massive. Still, I just love this series and the characters. It's such a cute little guilty pleasure of mine. 

4.
Title: Inferno
Author: Dante
Rating: N/A--for class
I read this for class and it was alright. I wasn't that interested in it because I was being forced to read it, but it was interesting to see Dante's portrayal of hell in a different way than what my friends tell me the Bible portrays it as. I probably would have enjoyed this a lot more if I hadn't been forced to read it and write papers on it.

5.
Title: Forged Alliances
Author: Katherine McIntyre
Rating: 3.5 // 5 stars
Review

6.
Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4.5 // 5 stars
Ok so rereading this was a serious roller coaster of emotions. I just love these characters and this series and I just about cried finishing this book, even though I knew ahead of time what happens in the end. I just...so many feels! I'll definitely be continuing on with my reread of the last two books in this series very soon. 

7.
Title: Rush
Author: Maya Banks
Rating: 3.5 // 5 stars
Review

8.
Title: P.S. I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Rating: 5 // 5 stars
Review

9.
Title: Always and Forever, Lara Jean
Author: Jenny Han
Rating: 5/5 stars
Review



BLOG POSTS




TV/MOVIES

The new TV series I started this month was Covert Affairs about a CIA agent. I finished all of season 1 and I'm almost done with season 2 already. It's just addicting. Either way, that's the only new media I watched this month, though I did rewatch some Christmas movies with my family.



Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Lauren



Follow my bookstagram here. New giveaway will be posted soon!

I am a "BookishTextDesign" Influencer! Use my code LAUREN10 for a discount off your bookmark purchases! Check out the shop here

Get free worldwide shipping with Book Depository using my affiliate link



No comments:

Post a Comment